Leadership Development Programmes
The CPL's approach to leadership development is based on a proprietary model that has been designed and refined over 20 years of applied experience.
The following programmes cover a range of experience levels which can be tailored to address your specific requirements and challenges.
Project Directors /Programme Managers
The CPL Advanced Leadership Programme is ideal for those who have extensive project management and leadership experience, however, need to develop additional leadership skills as well as hone their existing leadership 'toolkit'.
Senior Project Managers
The CPL Intermediate Leadership Programme suits those who have extensive project management experience and some exposure to the challenges and opportunities of effective leadership.
The CPL Foundation Leadership Programme is for those who have the fundamentals of project management but are new to the merits of leading and the feild of leadership.
Our leadership development programmes focus on two key development clusters, namely Managing Self and Leading Others.
- Manage ambiguity
- Make crucial decisions
- Hold self to account
- Build trust and credibility
- Demonstrate personal commitment and courage
- Build self resilience
- Be disciplined
- Be consistent and maintain focus
- Encourage feedback on own performance
- Manage energy
- Define and manage personal brand
- Articulate the project vision, goal and objectives
- Establish key accountabilities, roles & responsibilities
- Set clear KPIs with team members
- Test ‘buy-in’ to individual and team KPIs
- Develop appropriate strategies to meet objectives
- Reward and recognise performance
- Identify and manage key dependencies between teams, individuals and stakeholders
- Hold critical conversations with key stakeholders
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Build alliances
- Influence and persuade
- Build the team's capability
- Coaching and feedback
- Delegate effectively
- Hold others to account
- Identify and mitigate key risks